Reading Assistant online reading tutor
Build reading fluency, comprehension and vocabulary
Every student benefits from reading practice, especially when it’s combined with immediate support and feedback from a tutor.
Reading Assistant is an online personal, interactive reading tutor. Using cutting-edge voice recognition technology, Reading Assistant actually “listens” to you read.
If you get stuck, Reading Assistant intervenes by saying the word correctly, providing help at the very moment when it’s most effective.
On this page
Your personal reading tutor
See the program in action
Watch this video to see how Reading Assistant works.
How Reading Assistant helps
Reading Assistant builds fluency, comprehension and vocabulary by providing the following:
- Audio model – a fluent audio model to imitate
- Pronunciation support – the program intervenes with pronunciation if required
- Oral reading practice
- Review – the program highlights words the student mispronounces during each oral reading
- Feedback – the program reports words correct per minute (WCPM), the standard measure of reading fluency
- ‘Think About It’ – prompts and questions support students’ larger understanding and appreciation of what they have read
- Quizzes – assess mastery of comprehension skills and assess four levels of knowledge: literal, inferential, evaluative, and analytical
- Audible syllabification
- Glossary – a feature enabling readers to click on underlined words to hear the pronunciation and dictionary at the moment the word is encountered in a passage.
- ‘Did You Know?’ – includes word background, Latin and Greek roots, other meanings or uses of words
Everything you need to know about Reading Assistant in one easy package.
Research shows that Reading Assistant improves fluency and reading proficiency.
Students using the Reading Assistant program can improve their reading level up to 50% more than students receiving classroom instruction alone, in the same time period.
Enrol in Reading Assistant
Start your learning journey here
Choose your preferred course length to get started.
Not sure how long to enrol for? Book a professional consult and we’ll help you begin your learning journey.
Free phone consultation with a professional
This free telephone consultation can help to answer any questions you have about our services. At Sonic Learning we are all experienced teachers and health professionals so parents tend to find it very beneficial to be able to discuss their concerns and receive guidance from our team.