Watch this 5 minute video before you start Fast ForWord training and you’ll be all set! If the video appears jumpy, pause it and wait for it to load before resuming playback.
If you are having trouble getting started, contact our support team (firstname.lastname@example.org) for help.
How to log in
- Log in at this link (we recommend bookmarking this page)
- If asked for your school/district name, it is “Sonic LF Outsource”.
Headphones are essential for Fast ForWord training to ensure a high quality sound signal and to reduce auditory distractions.
Please use headphones that meet the following criteria:
- High quality stereo headphones that cover the ear.
- Padded headband and ear cups for comfort.
Headphones that meet these criteria can be purchased easily and inexpensively from retailers throughout Australia, either online or in-store. Some examples include:
- Deluxe Stereo Headphones from Altronics.
- Sennheiser or Panasonic Stereo Headphones (but not active noise cancelling headphones), available from electronics stores.
The following headphone types are not recommended:
- Active noise cancelling headphones – they alter the sound signal of the exercises.
- Bone conduction headphones.
- Wireless or infrared headphones. The headphones should be physically connected to the computer.
3.5 mm headphone splitters allow two sets of headphones to be plugged into a computer at the same time to enable parents to assist their child with the Fast ForWord exercises. Splitters are available from most electronics stores. Here is an example:
- 3.5 mm Stereo Plug from JB Hifi.
Online help centre
Everything you will need to know to help you get the best out of your subscription is included in the help centre. There are frequently asked questions (FAQs), program support and short, easy-to-follow videos as well as printable materials. Access the Help Centre here.
To log in to the help centre please use the password: LFHQhomesupport.
The program resources in the Online Help Centre include 24/7 video help, program manuals, score sheets and tips and suggestions on how to do the exercises.