Watch this 8 minute video before you start your exercises and you’ll be all set! If the video appears jumpy, pause it and wait for it to load before resuming playback.
Note: If you are completing a 2 week reading boost, this video is still appropriate for you – just note that your course will be 2 weeks instead of 6 weeks.
If you are having trouble getting started, contact our support team (firstname.lastname@example.org) for help.
iPad app link
- If you will be using iPad, download the “Fast ForWord Reading” app here.
- If asked for your school/district name, is it “Sonic Learning Enterprise – PSPM”.
Headphones are essential for Fast ForWord training to ensure a high quality sound signal and to reduce auditory distractions.
We recommend headphones that:
- Have high quality stereo sound and cover the ear.
- Have a padded headband and ear cups for comfort.
Headphones that meet these criteria can be purchased easily and inexpensively from retailers throughout Australia, either online or in-store. Some examples include:
- Sennheiser HD 201 Closed Stereo Headphones from JB HiFi.
- Deluxe Stereo Headphones from Altronics.
- Panasonic RP-HT161 Leader Headphone. Click “Where to buy” on this Panasonic website to find a local retailer.
The following headphone types are not recommended:
- Active noise cancelling headphones as they alter the sound signal of the exercises.
- Bone conduction headphones.
- Wireless or infra red headphones. The headphones should be physically connected to the computer.
3.5 mm headphone splitters allow two sets of headphones to be plugged into a computer at the same time to enable parents to assist their child with the Fast ForWord exercises. Splitters are available from most electronics stores. Here is an example:
- 3.5 mm Stereo Plug from Dick Smith.