Watch this 7 minute video before you start Fast ForWord training and you’ll be all set! If the video appears jumpy, pause it and wait for it to load before resuming playback.
If you are having trouble getting started, contact our support team (email@example.com) for help.
iPad app link
- If you will be using iPad, download the “Fast ForWord Language” OR “Fast ForWord Literacy” app. If you do not know which app you need to download, please refer to your registration email or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If asked for your school/district name, is it “Sonic Learning Enterprise – PSPM”.
Headphones are essential for Fast ForWord training to ensure a high quality sound signal and to reduce auditory distractions.
Please use headphones that meet the following criteria:
- High quality stereo headphones that cover the ear.
- Padded headband and ear cups for comfort.
Headphones that meet these criteria can be purchased easily and inexpensively from retailers throughout Australia, either online or in-store. Some examples include:
- Deluxe Stereo Headphones from Altronics.
- Sennheiser HD 202 Closed Stereo Headphones from JB HiFi.
- Panasonic RP-HF100 Headphone or similar Panasonic headphone. Click buy” on this Panasonic website to find a local retailer.
The following headphone types are not recommended:
- Active noise cancelling headphones as they alter the sound signal of the exercises.
- Bone conduction headphones.
- Wireless or infra red headphones. The headphones should be physically connected to the computer.
3.5 mm headphone splitters allow two sets of headphones to be plugged into a computer at the same time to enable parents to assist their child with the Fast ForWord exercises. Splitters are available from most electronics stores. Here is an example:
- 3.5 mm Stereo Plug from Dick Smith.